A blog award for me?!
I am very excited to share that I was given The Versatile Blogger Award by The Modern Home Economist.
I am very surprised by this, but very thankful for the award! The Modern Home Economist is a newlywed wife who is doing a fantastic job of balancing her work/home life and maintaining traditional home values while being a modern career woman. She has excellent recipes and home ideas and I really enjoy following her blog.
It’s very exciting for me to have another blogger recognize what I put into this little ol’ blog of mine. I started it as a way to keep a record of all of the fun crafty and kitchen related things that I love to do, and my journeys into cohabitation, and I love that people actually read it and maybe take some inspiration from what I post.
So, the rules of the award are:
1. Thank the nominator.
A BIG thank you to The Modern Home Economist for liking my blog enough to give me this award. I really enjoy following what you do in your own home and love your traditional take on being a modern wife.
2. Display the award. (See above!)
3. Nominate 7 other blogs and give them the good news.
The Healthy Diva – this blog is full of great healthy recipes and tips and tricks for getting into shape. Being healthier and more fit is always something that I struggle with, and this blog is a really great source of inspiration for me.
sleepingbootay – this blog has tons of great product reviews and beauty tips. I’m always interested in all of that “girly” stuff, so I enjoy reading about new products and ideas that I can try out.
The Bookworm Wife – another newlywed wife chronicling her journey into marriage. She’s also an avid reader and posts book reviews, and since I LOVE to read this is a great way for me to discover new books to check out.
Culinary Adventures in the Kitchen – this blog is full of amazing recipes and gorgeous photos. I’m definitely an amateur in the kitchen, but this blog inspires me to become better.
The Newlywed Wife – I love Melissa’s values on marriage and she has a wonderful writing style. Seeing as I’m going to be a newlywed soon myself, I love seeing other’s perspectives on what it’s all about.
You’re So Martha – such a cute blog following all things life, home and now baby related. Her posts are amusing and her blog is just fun to read!
A Detailed House – this is a great home design blog with wonderful inspiration. It gives me a lot of ideas for the future when we own our own home and I can really put work into personalizing the space.
3. Share 7 facts.
- I am a self-confessed (semi) cat lady. I only have one, but she is absolutely like a child to me…is it weird to admit that out loud? If we had room, and I could keep on top of the fur from more than 1 cat, I would probably have at least a dozen furbabies running around.
- I am a carbaholic. I know that too much is not good for me, and I’m always trying to incorporate more veggies into my diet, but there really is nothing more comforting than a bowl of pasta or fresh, warm bread. Mmmmm….
- My favourite season is fall. I love the freshness of spring and the warmth of summer, but there’s something kind of magical about the leaves changing colour, pulling out your cozy sweaters and having the smell of wood burning stoves in the air.
- I’m slightly terrified of birds (chickens in particular). I know it’s weird, but they’re so erratic and the unpredictability frightens me. I can appreciate that some of them are beautiful to look at, as long as they don’t come near me. And can we talk about how creepy their little feet are? Yikes…
- I eat grilled peanut butter sandwiches dipped in ketchup. I know it sounds disgusting, I really do, but the combination of the crunchy bread, salty-sweet peanut butter and acidic/sweet ketchup is delicious to me. I think it started when I was a kid…my sister had a dairy intolerance so my mom would make us grilled peanut butter instead of grilled cheese. Thanks mom.
- I love fashion, but I feel like I don’t have a real style sense myself. I think that I always look presentable, but I never quite feel like my outfits are complete. I always admire people who seem to naturally put together a cute look (my lovely sister being one of them) and I hope that eventually I’ll be able to learn how to do this too.
- In 26 months (sounds reeeeeally far away put like that!) I get to marry the most loving, affectionate, hilarious and charming man I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. I feel blessed every day when I think about the fact that this amazing person chose me as his life partner, and I’m so excited for everything that our future together holds.
A big thanks again to The Modern Home Economist for the award!