I’m finally ready to call the guest bedroom “done”. There is one more little project that I may want to tackle, but it’s not bothering me enough to do anything about it right now.
For anyone who’s been following me for a bit, you’ve seen the guest bedroom progression happening slowly over the last several months, but I wanted to do an updated post so that it was all in one spot and so that I can update the Home Tour photos.
Just as a refresher, here are some before photos as well as some in progression photos.
Before we moved in. Beige and dirty. Nice look. Look at how nasty the trim looks around the window…eww.
More dirty beige beauty. The closet doors had been removed from the tracks. I guess having one side of the closet at a time wasn’t working for whoever used to live in here.
This was how the room looked for the first few months…I just threw an old bedding set on there and we had brown curtains up that my MIL gave us. They’re nice curtains, but brown and grey aren’t really a colour combo that I’m into lol
The closet side…Ryan keeps all of his clothing in here. I did eventually put up a sheer curtain that I had but it was too short so there was a big space at the top. Not cute.
This was the first update that the room got. Some new bedding that works so much better colour wise.
Now here are some pictures of what the room is looking like now!
I finally got around to getting a bed skirt to hide the ugly metal bed frame, and I found grey curtains for $10 a piece! A bargain, and they look good! I also got a new curtain rod and hung it higher than the old cheap one that had been there before that was attached right to the trim around the window.
Here are the details on my DIY beaded chandelier.
You can find out more about the dresser makeover here.
Some pretty dresser top styling.
You can read more about the cardboard candle sleeve here. I just grabbed some hardcover books from the living room bookshelves that were in colours that coordinated with the room and put the candle and the cute little ceramic owl on top for a little extra colour and fun.
I found these pretty milk glass vases at a thrift store a couple of weeks ago and the silver tray I picked up at a thrift store in Collingwood when the Mr. and I were there in January for our anniversary.
This is the much improved view of the closet side of the room. I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like with the too short sheer curtain, but it wasn’t very pretty. I just used 2 twin sized flat sheets to make these curtains, simply sewing a pocket at the top to hang them. I just used an adjustable shower curtain rod that I had to hang them up. I’m much happier now that the entire opening of the closet is covered and the clothing inside can’t be seen through the curtains anymore!
The nightstand is the only thing left in the room that I may eventually change. It’s a super cheap plastic and particle board number from Walmart that’s been around since my first year of college…almost 9 years ago :S I have some ideas as to what I may do to it, but it’s not bothering me enough right now to make it a priority. You can find the details on the lamp shade rosettes here.
I love how this room has come together. I may add or delete a few things here and there over time obviously, but this room is definitely one that I am now happy to have guests stay in!