We have a little bed side lamp in the guest room that was a $10 Wal-Mart solution for a side table lamp a year ago. It was just fine before, but kind of boring.
However, this didn’t work out so well. I wanted to just do something quick with things that I already have on hand. I have a sheer curtain that I picked up on clearance that ended up being WAY too short when I opened it up, despite the package stating that it was a longer length….I guess you get what you pay for with clearance items!
So when I tried hot gluing strips of sheer material onto the lamp shade, it quickly turned into a big hot mess (literally ha). So, I ripped off the small section that I had attempted and was then left with a large glob of hot glue on the shade. Not so cute. Time for Plan B: fabric rosettes.
I simply twisted the strip of the sheer fabric and wrapped it around itself, hot gluing it together as I went.
I made a few in different sizes and then just hot glued it over the messed up spot on the shade, and voila!
It’s a bit hard to tell, but I glued a smaller rosette onto the middle of the largest one, just to try and add some dimension to an otherwise quite flat flower.
I like that they aren’t perfect, and the little strings poking out give it a sort of shabby chic look without looking too shabby.
I’m not totally in love with it, but it’s a little more feminine and cute now than it was and it will do until I think of something else to add to it.